Are you interested in the mechanics of current fiction formats? Do you want to know how stories are told? Do you want to analyze, understand, contextualize and create stories and narratives? Then join our MOOC and share our passion for storytelling!
About this course
What to ExpectTogether with a whole network of media researchers, creators and students we will:
- learn storytelling basics such as antagonist/protagonist relationships, narrative/narrated time, ...
- have a look at exciting current media projects
- analyze how they are designed and executed based on aforementioned basics
- and discuss how (and if) new online tools and formats change the way stories are told and perceived.
The 8-chapter course starts on October 25th, 2013 and ends on December 20th, 2013.
It will offer weekly video material, lessons, interviews and tasks on the following topics (not necessarily in this order):
- storytelling basics
- serial formats (on the TV, web and beyond)
- storytelling in role-playing games
- interactive storytelling in video games
- transmedia storytelling
- alternate-reality gaming
- augmented reality and location-based storytelling
- the role of tools, interfaces and information architectures in current storytelling.
Training News Blog
go to page Webinars and Events calendar
EMMA fornisce un sistema per erogare corsi aperti e gratuiti - in modalità multilingue - prodotti da università Europee e istituzioni della cultura per aiutare a preservare e a promuove la ricchezza culturale, educativa e linguistica dell'Europa.